Halfway through IB

 HAIIII, Assalamualaikum.


Can you believe it? Me? Has been in IB for 2 semester already? ARGHHHHHHHHHH. Everything seems so surreal, feels like it is only yesterday that I first started this diploma program. Baby, honestly I don't know how to react. Okay this is messed up, let's recap the things I have gone through this semester alone. Jom.


New semester, new spirit (spoiler: hampeh, baru seminggu dah malas)

Selepas beberapa minggu cuti, kitorang mula Semester 2 pada 18 Januari 2021. Sepatutnya kami kene masuk kolej 17 Januari tapi ada PKP kan so, kitorang ODL. At first, pihak kolej kata kami akan masuk balik pulak pada 27 Februari tapi malangnya sekali lagi kes covid makin naik dan kami terpaksa hadapi the whole semester 2 tu fully ODL yeay.

Wait, aku dah tak ingat lepastu jadi apa. I have short term memory tolongla, benda tak penting daripada 10 tahun ingat benda penting tak ingat pulak. Help.

Oh, pastu semester dah mula la musim kitorang start buat IA. Me myself aku ada 3 on going IAs to be done, MAA, Business and also ESS. Musim ni la kitorang belajar merasai rejection, untuk subjek BM aku kene reject dengan kedai besi dengan kedai bakeri, Allah perit betul. IA ni masalah dia adalah nak brainstorm idea tau, fikir punya fikir kadang-kadang tu sampai termimpi-mimpi well that was the experience for me.

Serious cakap, semester ni lain sangat dengan semester lepas sebab yelah ada IA, dengan EE, pastu nak buat revision, homework dan assignment lain-lain lagi. Memang braindrained, rasa lagi penat daripada time SPM dulu. 


Question: When will this pain end?




Aku rasa masalah utama pada sem ini adalah pengurusan masa, dan masa 24 jam amatlah tak cukup, kadang-kadang tu bila tengah mandi atau minum air je pun, rasa bersalah gila and I will say to myself

" Apa benda la buang masa, baik buat IA atau buat revision"

Tapi hakikatnya, lepas habis study 10 minit, landing atas katil tengok Tiktok 2 jam. jkjk. Actually no seriously this routine has been going on and on like forever.

Sebabnya adalah, okay you obviously you need to do revision, then make notes etc, buat assignment, HW then kene buat IAs and also EE. Rasanyalah, kalau bagi aku dia more to rasa overwhelmed. Kinda feels like you have too many thing on your plate and your mind is just like overflowing with things, yes you can say to prioritise but HOW DO YOU PRIORITISE WHEN EVERTHING IS AS EQUAL IMPORTANT. 

Ah, and for this semester we had this program called action week, we didn't have this in last sem so definitely something new to us.

 Basically for the whole week, we didnt have any formal class, instead the college created event, specific for each subject. Since our semester was online, many of our task for this action week is in video based, and it is extremely tiring. Bayangkanlah, kitorang student kut tiba2 kene jadi pelakon what lol.

But to think of it, it was fun. Biasalah nak cari hikmah ni susah sikit hehe. Atleast you have those video to be reminisced later in life kan.


Fav moments

1. We got 3rd place in G4 presentation

Our experiment was on how society from different area disposed their mask, pretty cliche idk how we won but yea. Some thing actually happened during the presentation which involved cursing and tears so winning this is such a win for my ego hoho.


2. I MODERATED AN EVENT YEE

My teacher approached me to host an event, it was called Virtual Literature Carnival. Honestly I was reluctant at first pastu cam maleh aku Amirah, just do it, you got nothing to lose anyway. I enjoyed the experience, not on my best performance but I am super proud of my job. 5.5 hours hosting it, penat gila hahaha, apart from me being the host, the carnival itself was interesting, lots of showcases from other class, yes toans of videos. My favourite of all time would be a song cover from class S20C. Wait, you guys should watch it ahahaha best gila nyah. They are so cute dhy3udshwushswuoq.


3. Intercollege friendly debate.

I co-managed a friendly debate between KMB and KMS. It was first time managing a linked event like that, the debate pun best and I REALLY LOVE THE TOPIC PRESENTED ; This house believes that scholarships should not be given to students from a high income family. Proud to say, the topic was suggested by yours truly.



Bye sem 2

Definitely lega bila dah habis sem ni dengan harapan sem 3 nanti dah tak online and all tapi the dread starts bila fikir balik aku dah stress gila time sem 2, and things are going to be harder. Mula2 tak terasa, lama lama menjadi gila, RIP amirah lol.

sometimes I do reflect on all the times i feel like giving up on IB, lagi lagi kalau tengah buat assignment TOK, nothing makes sense like I would have random existenetial crisis, suddenly nothing of this is worth my stress. But you know what of course life is going to be harder each second. Really need to stop comparing your life to SPM life just as how you dont compare SPM to PT3. Like Hank Green said, "the only constant is change". You can't expect life is going to be smooth. The only way you can be better is to face turbulences. WOW very motivating of me. Time rilek ni boleh la cakap camni cuba lepas dapat result teruk untuk math, rasa cam nak keluar IB je lol. Anyway I am running out of things to discuss. I will add more after this (tipu, aku malas). BYEEEE!1!111!!!




Comments

Popular Posts